Add a layer of security and prevent your login name from being shown in the author archive’s URL.
This plugin replaces the author slug with a sanitized version of the user’s display name. It will prevent hackers from finding out your login name through the author archive’s URL and works towards your friendly URLs with using your display name.
- Download WP Author Slug.
- Unzip the folder into the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Frequently Asked Questions
None asked yet.
- Tested for WordPress 3.3.1
- Tested for WordPress 3.1.1
- Added complete uninstall routine
- Added compatibility for pre-3.1 multisite installs
- Initial Release