This plugin lets you specify a header image for each post individually from your default headers and custom headers.
It adds a meta box in the post edit screens with the header selection. If no specific header is specified for a post it will fall back to the default selection. There is no change of template files necessary as this plugin hooks in the existing WordPress API to unfold its magic.
I will be more than happy to update the plugin with new locales, as soon as I receive them!
Currently available in:
Thanks to Erik T. for the idea to this plugin!
- Download WP Display Header.
- Unzip the folder into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need in the
header.phpfile to make the plugin work seamlessly?
- To make it work in your
header.phpfile all you need is a
header_image()call like so:
<img src="<?php header_image(); ?>" width="<?php echo HEADER_IMAGE_WIDTH; ?>" height="<?php echo HEADER_IMAGE_HEIGHT; ?>" alt="" />
- Improved user experience when current theme does not support custom headers, on activation of the plugin.
- Deprecated settings functions for WP Save Custom Header in preparation for overhaul in v2.0.0
- Updated utility class
- Fixed a bug, where a selected header wouldn’t override the default selection on posts pages.
- Specific headers can now be reverted by selecting the default header.
- Adjusted meta box layout to WordPress core
- Transfered CSS in external file
- Updated FAQ section (thanks Brian!)
- Tested for WordPress 3.3.1
- Added support for WordPress 3.2 core header uploads
- Tested for WordPress 3.2-beta
- Fixed a minor bug where a PHP warning was issued in the edit-post-screen, when there are no header images registered.
- WordPress Plugin Repository update bug
- Tested for WordPress 3.1.2
- Now a custom folder name can be specified. See: Settings > Media
- Added Italian translation (Thanks to Pietro Rossi)
- Tested for WordPress 3.1.1
- Adopted WP Save Custom Header multisite capability
- Made HTML W3C valid
- Initial Release
Plugin Filter Hooks
- wpdh_show_default_header (bool)
- Whether to show the default header (
true) or to look for a specifically selected header for the current request.
- wpdh_get_header_posts (array)
- All attachments with the meta key
_header_image. An array with the query vars.
- wpdh_get_headers (array)
- The array with all registered headers.
- wpdh_get_active_post_header (string)
- The url to the currently active header image.